23 August 2006

Things here are steadily getting better. I've decided that I need to focus more on my writing because I've been slacking for a while. I think that people are happiest when they are pursuing those things they are passionate about. My Hindi class is becoming more interesting now that I basically know the script and we are starting to learn verbs other than "to be." I have a bike, so I have been riding around campus and it is wonderful. Talking to friends through the medium of the internet is weird because I usually only have a vague understanding of what is going on in their lives. Reading their blogs is bizarre, too. Sometimes it sounds like their lives are falling apart, and I don't know how or why and I want to help them, or at least talk to them about it. The phone cards I've bought here don't last very long and many of my phone conversations are abruptly ended. Basically, I think I'm pulling out of the little emotional trench I was in, but I still miss my life in the States.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i miss your life int he states too

Anonymous said...

stephaien pillips sah that